Want to support FIERCE with
your time, energy and love? Volunteer!
Top 5 reasons to volunteer
- Directly impact the lives of LGBTQ youth of color by supporting their work in concrete way
- Learn the Justice Shuffle
- Connect with one of the only LGBTQ youth-led community organizations in NYC.
- We're fabulous. You should be too!
- You get to enjoy a lively office environment that’s committed to creating one of the few safe empowering spaces for LGBTQ youth of color
In order to be a volunteer at FIERCE they’re a few simple steps to take!
Step 1: Fill out a volunteer application
Step 2: Come to FIERCE for a meet and greet and orientation
Step 4: Sign up for a volunteer Task
Step 5: Volunteer!
Some criteria for volunteering you should know:
- You must be a FIERCE ally and outside of FIERCE’s constituency (LGBTQ youth of color between 13-24).
- You do not need a certain skill or background but do need to be committed to youth leadership, actively against ageism, and committed to anti-oppression work.
- You should be available to volunteer between the hours of 12-8, Monday-Friday and some weekends
- You should be prepared to volunteer a minimum of 2x per year.
- Provide at least 1 reference
Please note that this is a new program at FIERCE. We ask that you please be patient as we work out the details. At this time volunteer tasks are not consistent and are fulfilled based on program and member needs. At this time, we cannot accommodate large group one-time volunteer requests. If you are a student group or social group, please email Krystal to see if we have the rare opportunity for a large group task.
Click HERE to download FIERCE's volunteer form.