Become a Major Donor
FIERCE INVITES YOU TO BECOME A MAJOR DONOR!
Thank you for being a strong supporter of FIERCE and LGBTQ youth organizing! As you know, FIERCE is the one of the nation’s few whose mission is to build the leadership and power of LGBTQ youth of color.
This year, we've celebrated histroic victories and organizational milestones, including:
- Securing the first-ever programming on the West Village Piers for LGBTQ youth.
- Winning a seat on the Hudson River Part Trust Advisory Council.
- Expanding FIERCE's Leadership Development Program and graduating the LARGEST class in the history of the organization.
In order to keep the momentum going, we need your involvement!
From October through December, supporters like you have an opportunity to participate in OUR ANNUAL MAJOR DONOR CAMPAIGN! This is your chance to give a thoughtful and intentional gift that will help sustain FIERCE for the long haul.
What is does it mean to be a Major Donor?
Major Donors commit to giving an annual gift of $250 or more. This includes becoming a monthly sustainer (That's only $22/month!). Major Donors are invited to meet with FIERCE members so we can build relationships, give you up-to-date information about FIERCE's work, and ask for your continued support. Meetings take about 45 minutes, and we assure you they are fun, fabulous, and feel great!
Why is FIERCE doing it?
FIERCE believes in the power of grassroots fundraising. We want to be a part of a movement for liberation that’s funded by our communities - people of color, LGBTQ people, our allies, and our constituents! Through the Annual Major Donor Campaign we hope to strengthen our community of supporters who deeply understand our work and committed to supporting the leadership development of our members.
Perks of being a FIERCE Major Donor:
- Getting to know FIERCE members and learning about our work first hand.
- FIERCE is putting the fabulous back in FUN-draising! Our Annual Major Donor Campaign reflects FIERCE’s style, our membership, and our politiks. This is not your average Major Donor Campaign—we often play ice-breaker games and even teach dance moves during our Major Donor meetings.
- Major donors get recognized in our newsletter, receive limited edition thank you gifts, and are invited to special donor appreciation events and walking tours of the West Village.
- By participating in the campaign you are supporting the leadership development of FIERCE’s members and helping them learn how to be effective grassroots fundraisers. Members coordinate the campaign, lead and run all the meetings, and make all the “asks”.
- The knowledge that you play a very special and important role in sustaining FIERCE and helping make our work possible.
How you can get involved:
- Fill out the form below to sign up to be a Major Donor!
- Interns will make a follow up call to schedule a Major Donor meeting.
- If you know other people in your circle of friends who would like to be a major donor, please send their information to Krystal Portalatin.
Thanks so much for your love and support!